Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Trip to the Lumber Store



We enjoyed a nice mother-son bicycle ride to the lumber store on Friday. Ben is getting started on building another bass guitar, and he needed a 3/4" piece of maple for the neck. He found the piece he needed, and I found a good all-purpose broom for the garage.

It was Ben's first Xtracycle ride carrying cargo, so we took our time loading them up and riding them home. It was a fun, leisurely ride together.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you convert your kikes or do they make them like that?
I just have a regular bike with side baskets and a handlebar basket. sometimes I kick the back baskets when I peddle. I love biking to the store and the farmer's market though. I just started doing it when we moved here 2 months ago (it wasn't as convenient when we lived in Ohio)

Marcia said...

We converted our older, sturdy bikes with Xtracycle "free radical" kits, but you can buy cargo bikes all in one piece, too. The guys at Aaron's Bike Shop helped us with ours:
http://rideyourbike.com/

I think any kind of bike with baskets is great! The more baskets, the better.

Thanks for posting, and keep riding!