Friday, June 8, 2012

Plums and Pears and Peaches, Oh My!


Italian plums!  It's the first year this young tree has produced fruit, and they're looking wonderful!  There were many more plums than this all clustered together, but I made myself thin them.  Such a difficult thing to do!
A broader view of this Italian plum tree, with lupines and calendula
Our Hollywood plum tree is loaded with fruit this year.  It's been a while since producing so well.   I pruned it hard earlier this spring, and even thinned a good portion of the plums for air and light circulation. 
We're looking forward to indulging in these delicious summer fruits!
Pears, lupines, and calendula!
I like the color contrast of these dark red Rescue pears.
Frost peach!
This is the largest peach so far, but there are several more on the outer branches.
A full view of the Frost peach tree, with lupines, foxglove, forget-me-nots, and calendula.  If you look closely, you can see more of the peaches, especially on the right.  If you click on the photo, you'll get a larger view.

No comments: