Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks, Kayaks, and More

We enjoyed a nice family gathering at Lake Goodwin on Friday. Ben was in charge of fireworks. He helped cousin Luke with the art of lighting punks on a breezy day. Then he worked at lighting matches to help cousin Ellie's little black snakes unfurl. Tracie, Luke, and Ellie watched and waited patiently. After some sparklers and other small fireworks, we all went down to the beach.

















Uncle Paul and Ben helped Grandpa for a while as they moved and secured a couple concrete-filled pilings for the new dock. It was big, strong work, but they had fun together.













A little later, we made a bonfire for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Ben enjoyed some kayaking while cousin Haley strummed her guitar, and when it got dark, there was an amazing panoramic view of fireworks all around the lake. And if you're wondering...yes, Don and I were there, too. We were taking pictures, relaxing, talking with everyone, and playing with the dog.








2 comments:

Raechelle said...

I absolutely love that last picture of Haley playing guitar, and Ben kayaking away. That's worthy of a frame.

Marcia said...

Yeah, I thought you'd like that one. I like it too. Nice family experience with everyone together, enjoying the loveliness of the day.