I wanted to get a few native plants to fill in the newly landscaped area in the back yard, and since the bike trail goes right behind the local nursery, it made sense to use the trail and ride the Xtracycle. I was tempted to take the car, but I knew if I did, I'd also be tempted to get more plants than necessary. They all look so pretty in the nursery, and it's easy to get carried away. Using human-powered transportation is good for keeping things on a human scale. I figured I could bring home about six gallon-sized pots if I needed to, and that would be plenty for now.It was a fun ride, I found several great plants, and they all fit just right in the side-loaders. Here's what I got: red huckleberries, salal, Oregon grape, ferns, lipstick strawberries, and some wintergreen ground cover.
No comments:
Post a Comment