I'm a gardener, cyclist, lover of books, wife, mother, granddaughter of a wheat farmer, and longtime homeschooling advocate. I love to grow things like flowers, blueberries, apple trees, and all kinds of vegetables. I love how every day is a different adventure.
Marcia - On our land we bought in West Virginia, we have lots of apple trees and cherry trees and Steve is planning on getting some peach trees. My sister (with the help of myself and Rae) made the BEST applesauce ever from an early harvest tree. Delicious. (Not that I'll ever in a million years get into the "all healthy" stuff, mind you . . . .)
I love applesauce. We just made some today from apples from a neighbor's tree. We have six apple trees ourselves, but they're not quite ready for early harvesting.
We had one peach tree, but it kept getting leaf curl. Maybe I'll try again with another someday. Best wishes for your expanding orchard!
2 comments:
Marcia - On our land we bought in West Virginia, we have lots of apple trees and cherry trees and Steve is planning on getting some peach trees. My sister (with the help of myself and Rae) made the BEST applesauce ever from an early harvest tree. Delicious. (Not that I'll ever in a million years get into the "all healthy" stuff, mind you . . . .)
Annie
I love applesauce. We just made some today from apples from a neighbor's tree. We have six apple trees ourselves, but they're not quite ready for early harvesting.
We had one peach tree, but it kept getting leaf curl. Maybe I'll try again with another someday. Best wishes for your expanding orchard!
Post a Comment