Actually, not really, but it is kinda quiet here with Ben away at camp. So this week, I'm doing all my regular activities plus a lot of decluttering and organizing. Certain areas of the house really needed some extra attention, and it's always fun to make things more efficient and livable.
Of course, I took the photos so I can remind myself of the accomplishment and so my dear readers can share in my organizational joy. Also, I know the men in the house will just smile politely and wonder what was wrong with the way it was before!
Fun with Jars:
for walnuts, almonds, peanuts, and cashews,
two kinds of trail mix,
rice and pasta,
and herbs from the garden
An Organized Entry:
for raincoats and umbrellas,
and cute little baskets to hold
sunglasses, keys, gloves, pruners,
and all the other little stuff
Useful Mudroom Shelves:
for boots and work gloves,
grocery bags and bike panniers,
bike tools, gear, and bungees,
extra towels for rainy day rides,
and a caddy for nails, screws, and miscellaneous hardware
Linen/Sewing/Office Closet:
for seasonal tablecloths,
quilting fabrics,
cloth for making gift bags,
and current boxes of bookkeeping files
for home, office, and farm
Do you have a favorite?
I think the jars are my favorite for their visual appeal, and they'll come in handy for bulk items when the local PCC opens next month. However, practically speaking, I'm thrilled with the mudroom shelves because they'll make our cycling lives easier, especially as we approach the fall and winter months.
Thanks for reading!
6 comments:
Ooooh, this is like porn for me!! The jars are beautiful! And I love the organized entry. Pretty baskets! And seasonal tablecloths! I love it!
Oh, I knew this would give you a thrill. I can count on you to appreciate an organizational frenzy. And yes, I figured you would love the little baskets and tablecloths. Thanks for the love...
Nicely done! I love an organized space, but am usually too easily-stressed to start. Once started, however, I'm an excellent maintainer...
I recently got a bunch of small plastic baskets for my audio cables and adapters, and it has transformed my office cupboard!
Oh, maintenance is good...a very helpful part of the process.
And hooray for small baskets. We love 'em.
I get all tingly when I see home organizing.
Your mason jars of dry goods look so pretty.
I have all my bulk spices in baby food bottles, (which I begged for from a gerber parenting mom) and I have them on a stair step shelf (Goodwill) that I call my "spice stadium seating." Their simple beauty brings me pleasure.
Keep up the good work. I look forward to checking in on your great blog.
-Katy Wolk-Stanley
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."
http://thenonconsumeradvocate..wordpress.com
Hello, Katy, and thanks for your nice comments. I feel the same way about the simple beauty of home organizing.
I love your idea for spices. It reminds me that I also started using the mason jars for something else this year - storing frozen berries. I take fresh berries, freeze them on trays, and then scoop them up and store them in the jars. They are great for smoothies, and I don't need to use plastic freezer bags.
I also really like your "Use it up" motto. That's always been one of my favorites.
Post a Comment